We want pupils to be proud of being part of our academy. We believe that wearing a practical uniform enhances this feeling of belonging.
It is our policy that all children wear school uniform when attending the Academy, representing the Academy, or when participating in Academy-organised events outside normal school hours. Pupils in Nursery and at the Academy are required to wear the uniform as described below:
- Dark grey skirt, shorts or trousers together with a light blue polo-shirt (with or without the Academy logo) and dark blue academy sweatshirt or cardigan with the Academy logo.
- In summer blue and white checked dresses (not sun dresses) may be worn.
- Black shoes – sensible and safe without flashing heels.
- Tights or socks should be plain in either white, grey or black. No patterns or characters.
- Girls wishing to wear headscarves may do so and these should be plain and dark in colour.
Pupils can wear plain light blue polo-shirts (available from most supermarkets, etc) or those embroidered with the Inspire emblem however we do stipulate that jumpers and/or cardigans are the official Inspire Academy embroidered uniform.
The Academy requirements in connection with pupils hair is as follows:
- Bows/bobbles/clips/hairbands should be in the Academy colours.
- No embellishments or glitter.
- Hair styles should be appropriate and not extreme. Extreme hair styles include weaves, hair extensions, hair pieces, donut bun rings, patterns in hair, hair dye/chalks, severe difference in length across the hair style (Mohican/partly shaved), braiding’s (unless for cultural reasons).
Our policy for pupils wearing jewellery is that pupils may wear a watch and one pair of plain studs only whilst at the Academy.
Our policy for pupils wearing make-up is that make-up including nail varnish and lip gloss should not be worn to the Academy. Temporary tattoos should also not be worn to the Academy.
In addition to the Academy uniform above pupils are required to wear PE kit for games as follows:
- Black sports shorts and a plain white t-shirt.
- A pair of pumps or trainers without flashing heels.
If you have any queries please contact the Academy office.
The Academy uniform can be purchased from our online uniform supplier Gooddies Limited and our school office.
You can access the Gooddies online store by going to http://inspireacademy.gooddies.co.uk/ orders placed before the 15th of the month will be delivered by the end of the same month and orders place by the last day of a month will be delivered by the middle of the next month.
Gooddies Limited orders are delivered free to school or to a home address for a fee.
Academy Uniform can also be purchased from the school office. We are a cashless school so payment would need to be made through ParentPay, you will be given your ParentPay login details at our May Open Evening.